Friday, October 9, 2009

Valentines 2008 blog

Here's another! Valentines Day 2008
written February 16, 2008

So it's time to brag a little! I had the most wonderful Valentine's day ever. Brandon did all the planning himself, I am so proud to say that he is mine! He planned a dinner cruise for the two of us Thursday night. The cruise was so much fun. The food was awesome and the views were perfect. It was our first time getting to see the island from the water and it looked even more beautiful than on land. It made me so happy to be in such a wonderful place! Anyway, I knew he had something planned for the next day but he kept it a surprise till then. All he told me was that we needed to get up super early and pack a small bag with one pair of extra clothes. We got up at 6:30 Friday morning and left for the port in Marigot. We took a 30 minute ferry to one of the other islands around St. Maarten called Anguilla. Anguilla is even more beautiful than St. Maarten. It is so much more quiet and the beaches are much more private. The island isn't swarmed with tourists, which was a nice change. Once we got there we took a taxi to the lower half of the island where he had a horse back ride on the beach planned. I was so surprised, I had racked my brain trying to think of what he had planned and this never crossed my mind. We rode on the beaches for about 2 hours, it was soooo romantic! The beach was so beautiful and we were the only ones there. The views were awesome and it was really cool walking on the shore with the water splashing up on our legs. After we got back to the stables the taxi came back and took us to Shoel Bay where we had lunch on the beach. The sand was even more white than St. Maarten's beaches and the weather was perfect. We hung out on the beach the rest of the afternoon. I felt so special that he had planned all this for me without me even knowing anything. He really went above and beyond to show me how he felt this Valentine's day! It was so nice to spend some quality alone time together, especially since we don't get to do that very often because of his school! He is such a wonderful person and I am so thankful that he went through all this trouble just for me! It was the most perfect day ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment