Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Days to remember




So I guess I can say that I'm officially getting old. J/K I am now in my mid-twenties!! I can remember being sixteen and thinking "Man, I wonder what my life will be like when I'm like 24!" It seemed like such a long way away, but time has flown by and I still feel like that same 16 year old.
I can say that one thing is certain, I am truly blessed with a wonderful family, great friends and a boyfriend that I could never have dreamed would have been so perfect for me. Last semester my best friend Jessica kept saying that she wanted to come back to St. Maarten for another visit. We talked about it and decided that the best time would be around my birthday. As the holidays rolled around she came to the conclusion that tickets were too expensive and that she would rather save her money to come visit us at our next adventurous location. I was disappointed but definitely understood and I left it at that, for the time being anyway.
Ok so everyone who was around me my birthday weekend knows how the next part of this story goes. I'm not sure how much they believe of it though, because most people know that I'm a nosey person and I can't control my urge to ruin a good surprise. I think I just hate the not being in the part of the secret. Crazy huh?!
Anyway, here goes... About 3 weeks into our last semester I was playing with Brandon's new I pod touch. Going through his music, then looking on his facebook (it's automatically logged in when you click the icon), and then looking on myspace. So as soon as I clicked on his myspace icon his mail popped up and I saw a message from Jessica. So not thinking anything about it I just opened the message and proceeded to read what I thought would just be normal chit-chat about what's been going on lately. But instead it was a message stating that she had bought her plane tickets to come visit for my birthday and that she wanted it to be a surprise. As soon as I read the message I couldn't help but smile and become extremely excited, yet I couldn't tell anyone which drove me crazy for a while. The fact that I couldn't hold it in anymore forced me to began telling my girl friends, which made me even more excited and antsy.
I was pretty good at hiding that I knew for about all of 2 days...After that I think they figured out that I knew, mainly because I kept whining about how I wished she was able to come and how I missed her so much. Brandon said it was over kill.
Anyway, neither one of us would admit that the other knew so we both kept the secret going. I began wondering if it was actually true because the day he was supposed to go get her (or at least the day I thought he was) Brandon decided he didn't need the car after all and he went on with his studies. Being overwhelmed with anxiety and excitement that I couldn't hold in anymore I began talking with friends about it again. One mentioned maybe I should check his mail again just to see if they had sent any messages back and forth, so that is exactly what I did. Peer pressure will get you every time!
After getting on his myspace and checking his mail I noticed an old message in his trash box from Jessica stating that she wouldn't be able to come after all because her grandfather died and she was going to use the tickets to fly to Alabama for his funeral. I was soooo upset after reading this message. I couldn't believe that I had ruined my own birthday surprise and on top of that I had built myself up and got so excited over nothing after all. I cried and instantly messaged one of my friends venting about how upset I was at myself and how disappointed I was that she wasn't coming after all.
To cut this short the message was a whole fake out just to trick me into thinking that she wasn't coming after all, since they said they knew that I knew about it all along.
She arrived on Wednesday afternoon and stayed for 5 days. It was such a great birthday weekend. I couldn't ask for a better best friend! She made my 24th birthday the best ever, with the help of Brandon of course.
I love my life and all the special people in it!!
Here is the list of things we did for my birthday weekend:
Day 1.) Dinner and drinks at Greenhouse
Day 2.) Pinel Island and dinner at Uncle Harry's (yummy lobster)



Day 3.) Lotterie Farm zip-linning, lunch at sunset and drinks at the yacht club followed by dinner with all my friends at La California in Grand Case and dancing at Tantra for their Mardi Gras party
Day 4.) Day trip to St. Barths. Beach hopping from St. Jean to Guanahani where we had a $18 6oz margarita. Dinner at Le Chalet, yummy fondue! and Drinks at Soggy Dollar
Day 5.) Slept in and had lunch at Lee's grill and shopping in Maho before her plane left.

What a wonderful weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment