Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Farewell Lunch

Today was the 5th semester farewell lunch for all the spouses. Every semester the lunch is held at Pineapple Pete's. This isn't exactly my favorite restaurant but it still has pretty good food and the service is one of the best on the island. It's still a little sureal that we are leaving the island for good in less than a week. I've been to plenty of these lunches but it is really weird to think this one is our turn. It was good to have one last lunch with all the girls before its time for us to leave. Some girls I had to say good bye to for the last time and others I know I'll see at least one more time before I leave. And some girls decided not to say anything at all, which is okay because I didn't expect them to anyway. I guess that's something you have to expect coming to a place where everyone is forced to try to be friends, not everyone is going to like everyone but that's okay. I'm really going to miss a lot of these girls. I feel like we have become kind of a little family of sisters. The build up of this leave has been really weird and something like I've never experienced before. I'm excited to move on but very sad to leave my little family. It is truly bitter-sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment