Thursday, April 23, 2009

Home at Last

Tuesday we had our last day in St. Maarten. We had lunch with friends at Sunset Beach bar one last time. It was a beautiful day and great to get to see our friends our last day on the island. It was very sad to say goodbye. After lunch we boarded a small bus to the airport. Our plane took off from St. Maarten at 4:20pm. We had several other students on our flight. Once to Charlotte, NC we decided to have Mexican food for dinner. Sina, one of Brandon's friends joined us for dinner and afterward we headed our separate ways. Our second flight boarded at 10:10, we lost track of time a little bit at dinner and barely boarded our flight in time.
We arrived in Houston at 11:35, where Dad and Grandaddy where there to pick us up.
The next day while Dad went to work I had Brandon drop me off at the closest mall. Brandon studied of course. I spent the entire day shopping at all the stores I had missed while gone. I have to admit that I did not exhibit much self-control during my shopping spree. The day ended with a dinner out with family at one of our favorite Mexican food restaurants. It feels so great to be around family again and back home to Texas. I look forward to a great summer!

Cooper with our suitcases, he's excited for his Aunt and Uncle to be home!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment